clearBLOX is used in the following applications/markets:
- Conventional gravity filter retrofit
- Filter backwash recovery
- Metal, including radium, removal from groundwater
- BWRO pre-treatment and SWRO pre-treatment
- Surface water filtration for potable water.
- Submerged hollow fiber plant retrofit
Benefits of clearBLOX include:
- Performance and effluent quality independent of incoming feed
- Eliminate polymers
- Maximize water recovery
- Increase capacity of existing hollow fiber plants
- Lowest SDI (RO pre-treatment)
- DOC/THM pre-cursor removal
- Remove complex organic compounds such as pharmaceuticals or PFAS
- Minimize or reduce post disinfection requirements
- Lower downstream treatment (RO, UV, etc.) costs
clearBLOX is a submerged ultrafiltration membrane processes used to treat ground water, surface water, as well as sea water for drinking water applications. Depending on the source water and treatment objectives, various chemicals, such as coagulants or oxidants, are added to the influent prior to the membrane basin. In some cases SiC can be combined with powdered activated carbon to effectively remove organic compounds, such as DOC and PFAS, by creating a targeted cake layer on the membrane surface.
|Method||Backwash||Air Scour||Sprinkler Wash||Pressure Wash||Chemical Cleaning|
|Purpose||Solids removal||Solids removal||Solids removal||Dewatering removal||Organic, scale, metals removal|
|Frequency||30 min to 24 hrs||Continuous or during backwash||Daily to weekly||As needed||Monthly to yearly|
Remove the media and support gravel
Remove the underdrain system and associated piping
Remove or demolish the wash water troughs
Remove the surface wash system (not shown)
Remove the internal air scour piping
Repair and restore the concrete walls and surfaces
Due to the hydrophilic and porous nature of SiC, clearBLOX system have the highest sustainable flux rates in drinking water applications. This ensures an extremely small footprint at a low total cost of ownership.
The SiC membranes in a clearBLOX system create a physical barrier barrier, effectively removing solids, bacteria, pathogens, and other contaminants. The result is a potable water quality that exceeds all regulatory requirements.
|Effluent Quality / Removal Rate|
|Total Suspended Solids||<1.0 mg/l|
|Bacteria||<2.2 MPN/100 ml|
|Radioactive isotopes||>99% removal|
|Transparent Exopolymers||>99% removal|
|PFAS, DOC, VOC||>99% removal|
When combined with powdered activated carbon (PAC) to form a cake layer on the SiC membrane surface, dissolved organic compounds, PFAS, and other contaminants of concerned can be removed.